Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 22 in Romania: relaxing in Bucharest

Day 21 in Romania

Two more days left, my how times flies. I decided to relax today so I got a pedicure and had my eyebrows done. Supposedly the shop where I went was famous. I got the pedicure then they told me to wait. So I waited, and waited, and waited. I finally couldn't stand it anymore when the guy next to me started to smoke, so I finally asked them. They asked me if I had an appointment. I said no, but I had just had a pedicure. So I got taken to get my eyebrows done. They didn't thread or wax them, just plucked them, but they look great. The pedicure didn't really impress me. I asked for a spa one, but I think they just gave me a regular one.

I went to pay and they just charged me for my eyebrows. I had to remind them about my pedicure. There were probably about 7 other clients there and about 15 workers, most of whom were just sitting around and chatting.

For the record, the pedicure cost about 55 lei about $20usd) and the eyebrows were 30 (about $10 usd). In Peru, a pedicure would probably run about $5 and eyebrows would be $2. In Korea a pedicure is about $20. In the US a pedicure would be at least $60 and eyebrows are around $15 for threading.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html