Wednesday 30 December 2015

American Birth Certificate Sent to Romania

I sent my American birth certificate to my lawyer in Romania to re-start the citizenship process. Here's hoping that 2016 will finally be the year it happens! 2016 will bring a lot of changes. I'll finally be moving in with my husband, starting a new job, and my daughter will start a new school. Lots of stress, but it'll be over soon.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

2 comments:

  1. For someone looking to start over completely in his late 30s, would you recommend ESL in Japan, Korea, or Peru? I've heard Korea is the only place one can save money, is that consistent with your experience? Many thanks for any advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never taught in Japan. I've taught in Korea, China, and Peru. I would recommend Korea or Japan. In both those countries jobs aren't what they used to be and you have to jump through more hoops to get jobs.

      A lot depends on your qualifications as well. Once you break into a country, try networking and building your qualifications to get better jobs.

      In Korea, for example, it's feasible to get a university jobs with summers and winters off. I'd go for a public school job over a hagwon jobs. Then see if you can break into the university world.

      As for saving money it depends on you personally. Whether you have debts, what your standard of living is, if you travel. I've saved in every country I've lived in. Even in Peru.

      There are a number of groups on FB. If you look for keywords like the country you're interested in, plus "university", "jobs", "teaching", etc. Join those groups and start reading. FB really is the place to get info nowadays.

      Good luck and let me know if you need help with anything else!

      Delete

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html