Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 15 in Romania: more paperwork in Bucharest

Day 14 in Romania

Our old marriage cert is no longer valid since Romania can't understand how we got married in Peru, but have a US apostillisation. So now that Peru's, finally, in the Hague Agreement, I'm going to have to get a new marriage cert. I don't know why they make things so difficult. So I told my husband to send a new one along with a copy of his passport. Though he couldn't find the new ones and sent an old one. I guess I'll have to do it when I get home. He's says it's absurb that I need paperwork and documentation from him. I'm not one to argue with that, but it's what they're asking for.

I also had to go to a notary to give my lawyer a new power of attorney specifically to change my name and register my marriage. It cost about $60. The same thing would have cost a lot less in Peru. I guess now that Romania's in the EU they can charge higher prices, though I think that they probably make about the same as people in Peru.

I was going to go to the train station to reserve my ticket for Iasi, but it's raining, so I'll go another day.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html