Sunday 12 June 2005

FAQ: Why doesn't Romanian recognise your mom's Romanian?

Question
What stumps me is this: by simple virtue of her mother being Romanian, why didn't she bring this fact to the attention of the Romanian immigration authorities, irrespective of what per mum's perceived citizenship might be. It strikes me as the logical procedure.

Answer
I've been to the authorities. Here are the problems. She changed her name when she became naturalissed. She changed her name when she got her license at age 16. She go got married and changed her name. She never registered this info with the authoriites. Before they will issue her a passport, she has to do that. Then she has to register me as her child and then I can get a passport. You can't just walk into the embassy and demand a passport without the proper docs. And I agree, it would seem logical, but I have to follow the rules that the Romanian govt sets.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html