Monday 13 June 2005

FAQ: Tell me more about your quest

Question
Let me ask a series of questions, that will hopefully clear up the confusion here:

1. When exactly did you first decide to look for Romanian citizenship?

2. Did you mention the fact of your mum's Romanian BIRTH to the Romanian authorities AT THAT TIME?

3. If you did, what did they say? Why did they not tell you at that point that she was still a citizen, in WHICH case you would be eligible for citizenship.

4. If they HAD told you this at that point, why did you announce it as a surprise in October 2004 that you had just found out she was a citizen. If you answer those four questions individually, clearly and concisely, then we may get a step closer to solving this riddle.

Answer
1. I started looking for citizenship in October 2004. I had orginally called them in the fall of 1999 and when I told them that my mom was now an American, they said that it was impossible that I get Romanian citizenship.

2. Yes.

3. I did mention my mom's Romanian birth to the authorities at the time, but if she and I want passport, we have to do the paperwork.

4. I was surprised, because my mom had always thought that she was only a US citizen.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html