Saturday 23 July 2011

Good news!

My lawyer and his wife are fantastic!  My mom was feeling very bad about not getting her birth cert to me.  I'm wary about it having sent through the mail.  We were told you only get one and that's it. No more.  You lose it, you're in trouble.

Well, seems like they were wrong.  Or things changed.  My lawyer and his wife have gotten it re-issued in Bucharest.  So they have it there, just waiting for me to come.  I'll be bringing my Romanian birth cert (sans the ID number that they left off).

So with my mom's birth cert and my birth cert, both from Romania, we should get somewhere.  I don't think I could get my passport, since we have to have Romania re-issue all the non-Romanian documents, like
1. My husband's birth cert from Peru
2. Our marriage cert from Peru
3. My grandfather's death cert from the US
4. My parent's marriage cert from the US

That's ok if I don't get my passport.  I'll be happy if I can get a document from the Ministry of Internal Affairs saying that I'm a citizen, like they gave my mom.

I don't know why.  They've been apostillised and translated, but we have been told that they have to be re-issued in Romania.  Maybe that means registered.  Not sure.  Either way, I'll be there soon and it'll be great to visit a country I've been wanting to visit for years!

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html