Friday 22 July 2011

More problems

My mom just sent off her birth cert to be apostillised.  It should take 2 to 3 weeks for that, plus it has to be sent to Romania.  Looks like it won't be done on time.

I emailed the Chicago consulate and asked about apostillisation and they never got back to me.  My mom called a couple of times and they didn't answer.  Seems like things are similar to when we went back in 2006.  Luckily, the Romanian embassy here in Seoul answered the phone.  They told my that apostillisation takes 3 months.  So that's out.  They're very nice and speak English very well at the embassy in Seoul.  Courteous and helpful.  I like this embassy.

Anyways, looks like we won't have my mom's birth cert, though my lawyer doesn't think it'll be a problem since he can get another one. Plus, my mom doesn't matter anymore, since in theory, my Romanian birth certificate should be enough.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html