Wednesday 11 September 2013

The Romanian Embassy Called Me

I'm happy to report that I just got a call from the Romanian Embassy the other day. It looks like it might be possible that I can actually get citizenship. There's the slight problem that I changed my name, so I have to register my Peruvian marriage cert. This can only be done in Peru unfortunately. Luckily, my husband is there now, though I hope the embassy in Lima will help him out and let him register my marriage. I simply can't afford to fly to Peru in order to get this done.

I've also considered changing my name back to my maiden name. To be honest, I can't believe I changed it in the first place after all the problems my mom had with her name. I'm hoping that if I changed it back, then I wouldn't have to register my marriage.

There's also the issue with my Romanian birth certificate and the lack of the CNP on it. I don't really know what happened when it was issued. I'm tempted to say that it was just issued so that I would go away and that it's just a piece of paper, nothing more.

The good news is that my mom is still a citizen and we have the paper to prove it.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html