Wednesday 28 September 2011

Couchsurfing in Romania

I had originally wanted to couchsurf in Timisoara and Iasi. Let me tell you that finding someone in Romania is much more difficult than finding someone in Italy, for example.

I had high standards. First, I wanted to surf with a woman or family. Call me old fashioned, but there's something odd about staying over a guy's house if you don't know him and even more so if you're pregnant.

Second, I wanted them to have good reviews.

I found one person in Timisoara and a family in Iasi. I emailed them both around May since I'm way too organised for my own good and like to plan ahead. I had tentative dates, but had to check the train schedule and book the tickets once I got there.

The woman in Timisoara cancelled on me since she was going out of town. I was kind of glad since I was having second thoughts about couchsurfing. I cancelled on the Godun family in Iasi, but they talked me into it. I had a great time. It was my first time couchsurfing and I'd do it again. You can read about my experience on Day 18, Day 19, and Day 20.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html