Wednesday 16 October 2013

Power of Attorney for Marriage Cert and CNP

I've given my husband power of attorney to register my marriage and get my CNP at the same time. The Romanian embassy in Seoul says that it can be done and it should be easy. Time varies from one embassy/consulate to the other, but in Korea it only takes 24 hours to register your marriage. I'm assuming Peru is similar since there aren't a lot of Romanians there.

The CNP is a totally different issue. I'm guessing that will probably take 3-6 months since I was born before CNPs were given to embassies/consulates. For children born in the 22st century it's much faster and easier to get them CNPs than for people like me.

Registering my marriage in Peru requires a number of items and documents. Here's what I'll be sending later this week.
  • Anexa 1 (you can get it at www.oficial.ro) and it says that I want to register my marriage.
  • Anexa 8 (you can get it at www.oficial.ro) and it says that there's no legal issues with me registering my marriage (i.e. not already married to someone else)
  • Power of attorney given to me by the Romanian embassy in Seoul that says my husband can apply for my CNP and register our marriage.
  • Our original Peruvian marriage certificate and translation (done by an official translator in Romania, Roxana Cazacu)
  • My husband's original Peruvian birth certification and translation (done by an official translator in Romania, Roxana Cazacu)
  • My Romanian birth certificate (without the CNP)
  • My American passport (because I don't have my Romanian one...yet!)

More requirements and info.
  • I'm also required to send my Romanian passport (which I don't have) and write my CNP (which I also don't have). Let's hope that this won't be a problem. The embassy here in Seoul contacted Bucharest and they said that the ONLY place that can register my marriage is the Romanian embassy in Peru. Hopefully they'll agree and not pass the buck and say that it can't be done or that it has to be done in Romania. I guess one thing that I have going for me is that my Romanian birth certificate was issued by them. 
  • The fee to register a marriage in Peru at the Romanian embassy is $286 and the CNP is free!
  • I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks if I'm successful!

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html