Monday 22 February 2010

Applying for my birth cert

I haven't posted for a while since I've moved twice internationally in two months. In January I moved from Peru to the US where I spent about a month with my family and dragged my massive suitcase, big backpack, and carry-on with me. And then in February I moved to Korea, and dragged the same stuff with me minus some paperwork like tax stuff and photo albums, with me.

Here's what happened in December 2009.

I'm going to apply for my Romanian birth cert. I need to fill out three forms in Romanian.

1. Form stating I want to be registered as a Romanian and that there's no reason why I shouldn't and that everything is true.
2. Information about my birth certificate with attached birth certificate.
3. Form stating that I agree with everything and want to be registered as a Romanian.

I had to show my apostillised US birth cert and my mom's original birth cert. I also had to pay a total of $200, which covered the registration fee and the translation fee.

I should hear back from them in a couple weeks.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html