Friday 23 August 2013

Helpful People at the Romanian Embassy in Seoul

I had problems with the Romanian embassy's email. Their email is now embassy@romania.ollehoffice.net

The man I spoke to on the phone was very nice and polite. He told me to send him copies of my documents and he would see what he could do. I sent him a scan of my Romanian birth cert, my mother's Romanian birth cert, and the letter from the Ministry of Internal Affairs stating that my mother is Romanian. Neither my mother's nor my birth certificates have CNPs.

I just went to the embassy today with my daughter. The woman I spoke to was so incredibly nice. Very polite and wonderful English. She also didn't tell me that I had to speak Romanian in order to get a passport (which is what people usually tell us, though since I'm applying to become Romanian due to birth rights it shouldn't matter. I'm not asking to be naturalised, I'm simply asking to get citizenship through my mother). She said that I need my CNP and that it usually takes 3 months. I told her that I'd been trying to get citizenship since 1999, so another three months isn't that much.

She copied my Romanian birth cert and my mother's Romanian birth cert. As well as my mother's proof of citizenship from the Ministry of the Interior. She says she will contact Sector 1 in Bucharest. After I get my CNP I have to register my marriage and that can either be done in Peru or Romania, so it looks like I might be going back to Romania. After that then I can get my passport. I'm excited, but I know that I've been so close before so I'm trying not to get my hopes up.

Fingers crossed it will work!

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html