Tuesday 9 January 2007

Changing my mom's marriage cert and my birth cert

We just filled out the forms to change my mother's marriage certificate and my birth certificate. Bad news is that it can take up to seven months.

Good news is that we found my grandfather's birth certificate, marriage license and exit papers, which prove that he's Romanian, therefore my mother is and so am I.

EDIT: February 2011, we got confirmation from the Ministry of Internal Affairs that my grandfather gave up Romanian citizenship. In order for the government to get him out of Romania, he had to give up citizenship. The process was started while he was in Romania and completed a couple months after he arrived in the US.

Be sure to read about what has happened so far. You can find everything in the quick summary of dates.

Disclaimer:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers need not waste their time: all comments are moderated.

FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy

Please read Romanian Citizenship's FTC Disclosure and Privacy Policy.

html